We’re so sad that we can’t dance in our wonderful studios this term but all is not lost. We’re working hard to be able to bring you Zoom classes with appropriately adjusted content to suit the new normal. Who knows how long we’ll be dancing at home, so let’s make this the best virtual dance school we possibly can!
To dance at home you will need:
- A stable internet connection
- Download the zoom app on a device that has a camera, microphone and speaker.
A smart phone will do if you don’t have other options but a bigger screen will allow you/your dancer to see more of what’s going on allowing them to dance more freely.
– Desktop computer
– Mirror your smart device to your TV
– Connect your device to your TV with a HDMI cable
- A safe space to dance in
– Check for hazards
– Uneven flooring
– Furniture, stairs, cords
– No clutter that can be tripped over
- Appropriate footwear for your space
– If your regular dance shoes are slippery, consider dancing barefoot
– Tappers, if you don’t have a surface to tap on, wear a hard soled shoe that you can do the correct movements in without damaging your floors. A sheet of MDF or similar from Bunnings can make a great, portable tap surface.
– Pointe students, please await further instructions
- Your dance uniform
You are attending your dance class, we expect you to prepare in the same way as if you were attending at the studios. Proper dress and hairstyling is expected for your safety.
- A water bottle
Have your drink in the room with you so you don’t have to leave during the class.
- An adult present
– For children up to the age of 7yo we ask that an adult is present with their child during their class.
– 9 to 17yo dancers need to have an adult at home that they can seek help from in the event of an emergency.
– 18yo+ Use your common sense. Class work will be modified to suit a smaller space but you will need to remain vigilant to staying within your limits to avoid injury.
- A flexible mindset
Your dance class will be different to what you are used to. We are now in small spaces without safely sprung flooring. Your teachers are adjusting the content they present you in order to keep you safe and still give you an uplifting experience. Embrace the change, we’ll get back into the studio eventually, let’s use the time until then as effectively as possible.”
We’ve made some adjustments to our online timetable in the hopes that it will make things easier for housebound families. Where possible we have shifted later evening classes to an earlier time slot on either the same or a different day to try to keep virtual dance classes finishing before 7pm.
Once we are allowed back into the studios we will revert to the original 2020 timetable.
Before checking our online timetable, please take note:
– Changed classes are listed in pink
– Your teacher has not changed
– Your class name has not changed
If you are still unsure which class you/your child is in, wait until you receive your term 2 invoice and then carefully check the class times there.